11 Facebook Advertising Tools to Improve your ROI
Facebook is one of the largest advertising platforms in the world. As an advertiser, you can narrowly target customers by their age, interests, or group affiliations. The precision of this targeting can make conversions cheaper and more reliable.
Facebook advertising tools can help you make the most of the opportunities that you have on this platform. Many of them integrate directly into Facebook to help you manage campaigns more effectively than ever before.
In this guide, you’ll learn about 11 Facebook advertising tools that can help you manage campaigns. Many of them interact with other marketing tools for agencies. You’ll get a snapshot of each tool, highlights of some notable features, and the most recent prices.
Facebook Advertising Tools
Facebook advertising tools are apps that help you manage the functions of ad campaigns. The 11 that follow are some of the most popular:
- Facebook Ads Manage
- Facebook Ads Manager App
- Hootsuite Ads
- Perfect Audience
Let’s look at them in more detail.
1. Facebook Ads Manager
Facebook ads manager is the tool Facebook provides at no cost to advertisers. It may be light on bells & whistles, but it has a robust set of features that can help you manage your ad campaigns.
From the same dashboard, you can create ads, set the targeting, manage the budget, and track the results of your campaigns.
These features may sound like everything you need, but you’ll soon learn that many tools on this list offer you another world of functionality.
- A proprietary ad creation tool: The ads manager features a simple application you can use to build and size banner ads. You can simply upload an image and slide it around in a frame until you get the position and size you want.
- Basic tracking tools: View the performance of the ads that you’ve launched. You can view and change the budgets, schedules.
This tool is free.
2. Facebook Ads Manager App
Facebook Ads Manager App is the more recently-released mobile version of Facebook’s ad manager. It is not a sidecar app to the regular program. You can do almost anything you can do on desktop computers through the mobile app.
Android and Apple users can find this app listed in their app store.
- Manage any Facebook campaigns on the go: You can access your campaign management tools from the app. You have everything you need to create new ads, monitor existing campaigns, or edit their details.
- Set up mobile alerts: The mobile ad manager can integrate completely with your phone’s notification system to provide you with alerts when campaign details change.
This tool is free.
Qwaya is a comprehensive campaign management tool that adds more options to almost all the functions of the Facebook Ads Manager.
The long list of features includes ad scheduling, campaign rules, ad rotation, and URL builder. It’s also designed to accommodate ad and agency teams with collaboration features, ad templates, and an excel sheet export function.
Once you’ve signed up, you get access to a free training course to help you get started.
- Set & automate rules: Using this tool, you can set rules to automatically suspend campaigns that aren’t doing well, or increase spending to campaigns that are exceeding your expectations.
- Flat fee: The cost of some ad tools scale depending on how much you’re spending on ads. This one has the same fee regardless of how you use the features.
Ad Espresso allows you to manage all Facebook, Instagram, and Google ads from a single platform. You have access to a complete set of features for each of these platforms, so you can create, budget, and analyze ads without logging into the official ad platforms.
The tool has been praised for the user-friendliness of its analytical features. Different metrics are laid out in simple graphs for you to absorb.
It has some impressive automation features that help it stand out from other Facebook advertising tools.
- Automated variations for split testing: The tool automatically produces variations of your keywords so that you can split test without extra research.
- Automated promotion and optimization: You can schedule or set rules that will allow the tool to automate several ad functions. You can set rules to promote your posts or switch between different keyword variations.
5. Hootsuite Ads
Hootsuite Ads is a campaign management tool you can use to manage search and social ads simultaneously. Hootsuite is already known for its excellent social media management. This ad lets you combine that platform with the added function of ad creation, scheduling, and analytics.
This tool places emphasis on collaboration. It can help you coordinate with a team more effectively. You can approve ads, share feedback on designs, and handle other project communication without an additional chat tool.
- Automated reports: You can automate reports to cover a range of different measurements. You can use these reports to see your performance over time or to set team goals.
- Professional audits: As part of the subscription, you can have an expert review your site monthly. You’ll get tactical advice, and you can even arrange occasional audits of your campaigns.
AdStage is an analytics-focused ads tool that works across a variety of different platforms. You can manage your Facebook Ads, here. You can also manage ads for Twitter, LinkedIn, Bing, and several other platforms.
This tool isn’t merely compatible with different ad networks. It has integrations with a host of other analytics programs and data out connectors. These include Google Analytics, Hubspot, Google Data Studio, and Google Sheets.
- Automated reports and routine tasks: This tool can automate a lot of different things, including the reports that you receive, and minor optimization tasks. These features can help you work more efficiently on a larger scale.
- White-label reports: The reports that can be generated by this tool can be delivered white label. Agencies can take advantage of this feature to streamline the delivery of customer updates.
Driftrock is a tool focused on helping you manage leads. There are a lot of ways to use it, but the Facebook-specific features are worth noting. You can create Facebook Lead Ads and use this app’s features to track and optimize all the leads that come in from them.
There are an impressive number of ways to optimize your campaigns. This tool helps you track the performance of different keyword options, forms, and capture pages. It also allows you to create lead capture pages.
- A large amount of integrations: This tool boasts integrations with over 250 different other tools. You can import and export leads and their information from your other sales channels with ease.
- Pick your audience: This tool lets you exclude customers from your ads, based on rules that you set, and can then automate.
Pricing is customized. Schedule a consultation to learn more.
Adroll is a marketing platform that helps you manage ads and tie them in with email marketing campaigns. It is designed to help you easily handle cross-channel strategies and changes if you work with both methods.
The features are built with the needs of direct-to-consumer brands in mind. The platform is designed to unify all of the functions and data needed by D2C marketers.
- Follow the customer journey across different channels: This tool has a feature called attribution dashboard that shows you how low-intent shoppers reach the point where they convert.
- Identify website conversion trends: You can track advanced metrics to catch trends that have to do with your revenue, average order value, and cost-per-acquisition.
9. Perfect Audience
Perfect Audience is a retargeting-focused Facebook ad manager. It lets you track campaigns from cookie to conversion, including across all of your Facebook ad placements. It provides enhanced tracking features that allow you to retarget Facebook customers who have interacted with your ads in the past.
You have access to many other features you’d expect from a campaign management tool, including ways to track your revenue and results.
- Set ads to appear based on best placement: You can have ads automatically diverted to the Newsfeed, sidebar, messenger, marketplace, or even on Instagram. You’ll be able to see stats on which platform is performing the best.
- Cross-device support: Many of the functions can be used on Desktop, mobile devices, or tablets.
Pricing is custom. Arrange a consultation to learn more.
Pagemodo is a tool that’s focused on making the process of managing ads simple. It doesn’t have as many features as certain tools on this list, but it is one of the most streamlined and user-friendly.
This tool doesn’t just help you streamline the process of creating ads. It has functions that can help you design Facebook pages, and collect lead from across social media. It even has a ‘Post’ feature that will recommend topics and help you build blogs.
- Simplified, but superior ad creation: Using this tool, you can create higher-quality ads without added difficulty. The ad creator part of the tool gives you access to royalty-free images, and extra design option so you can create better ads.
- Run promotions: Engage your Facebook audience with contests. As part of your Pagemodo subscription, you have access to a contest app you can use to engage followers attracted to your page by ads.
Agorapulse AdsReport is a content-focused social media manager. It has many different tools, and one of them is focused on improving the experience of managing Facebook Ads. It delivers reports to you about your campaign’s performance in easy-to-ready layouts.
Some of the tracking features update in real-time so that you always know what’s happening with your campaigns. This allows you to make updates, depending on what works rapidly.
- See an advanced set of metrics: See a different set of metrics for your campaigns than the ones you can see using Facebook Ads Manager. You can see advanced data on your spending, conversions, and reach.
- Privacy-oriented: This tool declares that they do not store any of your account data for any information.
Make the Most of Facebook Advertising
Facebook is one of the most powerful advertising platforms. If you have the power to take advantage of it, you can create some incredibly specific campaigns. The 11 tools that you’ve just learned about offer you the next best step toward making the most of social media advertising.