11 Instagram Analytics Tools To Use
Instagram is a central part of many online marketing campaigns. While this social network has fewer users than competitors like Facebook, it generates a significant amount of engagement from those users. That activity makes it the perfect network for many marketing goals.
It’s a great place to work on goals like brand development. You can take advantage of the constant engagement here to spread new ideas about your brand, or to gauge the exposure of a new product. An Instagram analytics tool can help you maximize any strategy.
In this guide, you’re going to be introduced to some of the top Instagram analytics tools, and get an explanation of why they belong in your kit of SEO agency tools. You’ll learn some background information, get a feature snapshot, and learn about the latest prices.
Instagram Analytics Tools
Instagram analytics tools are programs that help you measure the performance of Instagram pages, stories, and posts. There are currently dozens of popular analytics tools out there. Here are 13 that you should consider first based on their robust features:
- Instagram Insights
- Sprout Social
- Hootsuite Analytics
- Union Metrics
Let’s look at each of these in more detail.
1. Instagram Insights
Instagram Insights is provided directly by Instagram to help you understand how visitors are engaging with your posts. It’s a simple tool compared to many other options on this list, but it’s also helpful and free if you own a mobile phone.
These features are part of the main mobile app when you’ve marked your profile to a ‘business account.’ Once you’ve done that, you’ll see an Insights button whenever you look at your profile.
- Track a variety of measurements: You’ll be able to see the number of interactions and impressions that you’ve collected each week. You can also see audience insights, including how many followers you’ve picked up over time.
- See insights for specific posts or promotions: See how each post performs in detail by clicking on them for post-specific data.
This tool is free.
Owlmetrics is an analytics tool focused on growth. The data it gives you is designed to translate directly into actions you can take. For example, you can learn where followers are from or what gender they use on their account.
You can also get some metrics on your content. You’ll see what time your posts collect the most likes so that you can optimize your scheduling.
- Get facts about unfollows: This tool can record and save data about the people who unfollowed you. You can learn more about them, the time they unfollowed you, and the last post of yours they read. You can use this knowledge to find out what posts annoy your followers.
Iconosquare is an analytics, management, and scheduling platform that can make you a lot more effective at using Instagram. It’s designed with the needs of agencies in mind, so a lot of the features are focused around working at scale and making measurable changes.
This tool has some additional competitive features. You can see how you compare to your competitors by comparing your metrics to theirs. Checking these numbers will help you understand who is doing something right.
- Scheduled reports: Stay up-to-date with your goals by taking advantage of the scheduled reports features. You can have reports automatically generated and delivered to you on a schedule. You can easily pass them directly to other clients.
- Manage multiple profiles in one place: You can manage and measures several Instagram profiles simultaneously from the dashboard.
4. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is a social media management platform with some great features for Instagram marketers. This tool combines lead generation, publishing, engagement, and analytics functions into one dashboard.
There are a lot of analytics functions here. From the dashboard, you’ll have access to more than 150 different metrics. You can choose which ones you want to track, how you want the data to be displayed, and then have that information generated into reports regularly.
- Group reports: You can have reports generated to cover the performance of all profiles that are connected to a single dashboard. This can be a great feature if you need to manage more than one Instagram account.
- Custom comparisons: You can organize data to measure it against custom timeframes easily. This allows you to understand your progress toward your goals in a detailed way.
Keyhole is a hashtag tracking software that claims to be able to help you measure and prove the impact of your social media campaigns. It tracks a significant amount of metrics, including followers, reach, impression, and Instagram story performance.
The tool caters to the needs of agencies and includes a feature to generate white-labeled reports based on the metrics of your choice.
- Analytics automation: This tool can automate the collection and recording of certain data. The data of your choice can be neatly organized into a spreadsheet that you can review at your leisure.
- Understand your influencers: The analytics features of this tool can be used to track the performance of influencers closely. You can see if they are meeting their goals and if their followers are real.
SquareLovin is an Instagram tool that helps you collect, improve, and understand user-generated content (UGC). Instagram insights are part of this package. Among other data, these features track the performance of your recent posts and the growth of your account over time.
The analytic features of the tool help you track data like clicks, CTR, number of conversions, and your conversion ratio.
- See a detailed over-time analysis: You can see a monthly analysis for every month you’ve been using the tool. You can also see a history of your posts broken down into year, month, day, and hour.
- Learn more about your followers and prospects: This tool has features to tell you a lot more about your followers. You can learn about demographics, interests, engagement, history, and more.
The Instagram insights account is free.
Minter.io is a social media analytics platform that gives you deep insights into your followers on Twitter and Instagram. That covers a significant amount of data, including information about your followers, hashtags, and competitors.
All data the tool collect is updated daily and kept for as long as you hold your account. That data can be easily shared across large teams or with clients without the need for logins.
- Find brand mentions anywhere: This tool lets you track mentions of your brand in post descriptions or comments across social media. Many apps are integrated so that you can respond directly from minter.io.
- See every hashtag for a given keyword: Learn how hashtags are being used by seeing a list of every post currently utilizing that hashtag. Find out what words they’re using and how their posts are performing.
SocialRank is a social media manager that helps you understand your audience on a deeper level. It has features that help you sort and track followers. It enables you to identify influencers and micro-influencers so that you can court them for partnerships.
There are also a lot of ways to identify your competitors on Instagram and other networks. Once you’ve found them, you can see breakdowns of their followers and an audience comparison. You can also perform a content analysis to find out how they’re attracting engagement.
- Discover valuable followers: This tool lets you organize your followers by grouping to find the most engaged members. You can build a list of the followers who engage most with your posts or are most active at getting their followers to engage.
- Special features to activate your followers: You can organize your top followers to deliver rewards directly to them. From the dashboard, you can create content, promotions, and discounts to encourage even more engagement and brand loyalty.
9. Hootsuite Analytics
Hootsuite is a social media management tool with a lot of content-centered features. It has a set of features grouped together as “Hootsuite analytics” that can help you improve the way that you create content on Instagram.
Using the analytics features, you can see all of your Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook sorted into one place. You can measure performance and easily have the results converted into graphs or deliverable PDFs.
Set performance benchmarks to measure: You can set benchmarks within the tracking features to see how close you are to meeting your goals with a single glance.
Organize messages and mentions: All of your brand mentions and messages are organized in one place to track what’s being asked, what kind of reputation your product has, and what kind of influence your messengers have.
10. Union Metrics
Union Metrics describes itself as a social intelligence marketing tool. Its main focus is on analytics, and it tracks many points of data that can be hard to find elsewhere.
If you’re an Instagram marketer, you get to see data breakdowns of different profiles so that you can target followers more effectively. You’ll be able to find competitors through searches, and then measure the power their voices have over hashtags and keywords.
Listen for keywords: You’ll be able to ‘listen’ for keywords by tracking them. Once they’re tracked, you’ll see graphs that tell you the best time to launch any related content. You can narrow this down from the best day of the week to the best time of day.
HypeAuditor is an influencer marketing manager with a variety of different analytical functions. By choosing from one of several packages, you can track down influencers, sort them by 35 different metrics, and then closely monitor the performance of each relationship.
You can learn a lot about influencers, including the demographics of their audiences (age, gender, location, and language). Their audiences can also be broken down in data. You can see how many followers an influencer has, where they come from, and how fast they’re growing.
Audience quality score: See a score associated with the audience of each influencer you research. You can see a separate score for the quality of the comments that they make. You’ll find out what chance there is that the audience includes fraudulent.
Make the Most of Instagram with Analytics
Instagram analytic tools are your key to making the most of this highly-active social network. Using these tools, you can learn more than you ever could before about hashtags, keywords, audiences, and content.
Don’t underestimate how important it is to understand what your competitors are doing. You can use these tools to seize an advantage.
Never miss an article again.
Sign up for our newsletter to get the best content directly to your inbox.
Now it’s your turn.
Now I’d like to turn it over to you to spark a debate or lead a new discussion.
What in this post were you excited about? What was useful? What would you like to read more about?
Or maybe you just have a question about something you read.
Either way, let us know in the comments below.