13 LinkedIn Tools to BOOST Sales
LinkedIn has grown from a simple professional network to one of the largest social media platforms. Many people consider it a career responsibility to create and properly manage a profile on this network. You can reach millions of customers here while narrowly targeting certain industries.
Advertising to an audience this savvy is not an easy task. If you want to be able to reach them, you’ll want the extra help and insights that you can get by using LinkedIn tools for marketing.
There are now dozens of these tools available, ranging from free apps to elite SEO agency software. In this guide, you’re going to discover 15 of these tools. You’ll get an introduction, learn about some of the top features, and find out how much you’ll pay for subscription plans.
LinkedIn Tools for Marketing
LinkedIn Tools for marketing tools are used to help you plan, create, launch, and measure ad campaigns in the LinkedIn social network. The following 15 tools are some of the best available:
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- LinkedIn Plugins
- LinkedIn Small Business
- eLink Pro
Let’s look at each of them in a little more detail.
1. LinkedIn Sales Navigator
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a tool launched by LinkedIn to help you target the right buyers and get more information about how your ads are working. It has some advanced features to help you pick out and prospect different audience segments.
- Lead recommendation: In addition to helping you develop your targeting, this tool will also give you direct recommendations. You can see customized lists of profiles that you should be targeting.
- Data updates in real-time: The tool includes an impressive list of insights, and you can see all of them updated in real-time. Use the most updated data to make decisions before you launch your campaigns.
2. LinkedIn Plugins
Not all of the biggest LinkedIn tools for marketing are apps. Some of them are the plugins that are developed for use alongside the social media platform. You can use these plugins to add some extra functionality to your website.
There are plugins that allow visitors to your website to do all of the following with a click:
- Share your posts
- Follow your company
- See your company or member profile
You can also use the plugins to access the Alumni Tool, the Company Insider feature, and any job titles that may interest you.
- Customize the functions you want: You can add as many or as few plugins as you want for your site. Choose based on the goals of your LinkedIn advertising campaigns.
The plugins are all free.
3. LinkedIn Small Business
LinkedIn Small Business is a platform that assists marketers who participate in the LinkedIn network. The tool is designed to help people who are new to the network launch their presence. A variety of tools are available to help you establish your brand, get discovered by users, and attract questions from potential clients.
- Let LinkedIn lead the way through the onboarding process: Using the features available here, you can skip the learning curve that comes with working on a new network. This will introduce you to everything you need to know.
- Get regular updates on news and site functions: In addition to educational resources, this platform provides recent news and developments with the LinkedIn ad system.
This tool is free to use.
Crystal is a unique sort of ad tool that refers to itself as a “personality platform”. It uses personality information to help companies both build their teams and sell more effectively to customers. It uses data points to attempt to determine traits such as the tendency to take risks, or preference for fast action.
- View personality profiles for each prospect: The app builds out personality profiles for prospects based on the information that it finds online. You can view these profiles and plan your targeting around them.
- Use personality data to drive sales: Use the data that you learn from Crystal to add adaptive details to marketing emails, phone calls, and meetings.
LeadFuze is a prospecting tool that can help you make the most of any attempt to market on LinkedIn. It can point you toward great leads, and provide you with accurate contact information for them. It’s about as useful for marketing as it is for finding new team members.
The tool can discover both personal and professional email addresses.
- De-duplicate leads: This tool has built-in features to help prevent leads from being duplicated. They can be automatically removed from your lists when they are detected.
- Hyper-target leads: It is possible to search for contacts by incredibly-specific standards. You can search by job title, location, career field, number of employees, ad budget, and company status.
Salestools.io is a comprehensive sales management tool that is focused on automation. It can nearly automate the outreach process on a variety of different platforms, including LinkedIn.
On LinkedIn, the tool can automate the steps of verifying emails from leads, following up on delays, and directing customers who are ready to convert.
- A massive amount of integrations: This tool has a significant number of integrations with other tools, especially CRM (customer relationship management) tools. These include Marketo, Zapier, Pardot, Zoho, Hubspot, and many others.
- Build outreach campaigns from templates: You can easily develop LinkedIn outreach campaigns using several pre-created social outreach strategy templates. Each one has existing rules that can make automation effortless.
$99/mo for unlimited automation. Unlimited users and free tracking included.
7. eLink Pro
eLink Pro is a LinkedIn marketing tool that is designed to encourage and track interactions. The tool is heavily based around “view backs.” A view back happens when you visit a target’s LinkedIn page, and they get a notification that causes them to view your page.
The tool helps you find prospects for view back campaigns. When you have prospects, it automates the process of viewing each profile so that you don’t need to do it yourself. Everyone visited gets a link back to you.
- Operates as a browser extension: Unlike some heavier tools, this one is a small browser extension that doesn’t require a significant amount of resources to manage.
- Library of training videos: This tool comes complete with a library of training videos that introduce you to LinkedIn as well as to the features of the tool. It should help you get caught up quickly.
Discover.ly is a chrome browser extension that can help you learn more about the profiles that you prospect on LinkedIn. Mouse over profiles on LinkedIn to see a summary of public information that can be found about the person on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other networks.
- Get access to a lot of information: You can learn a lot about people, including which platforms they use, what kind of influence they have (via the number of friends), and what statements they’ve most recently made.
- Works on LinkedIn and many other platforms: All of the features work on LinkedIn, but you’ll have access to these profiles on many platforms.
This tool is free.
Guru calls itself a knowledge management software. It’s designed to put information at the fingertips of you and your staff as soon as you need it. In practical terms, that means it generates menus that provide extra information on certain platforms and tools.
LinkedIn is one of the platforms where it can provide you with insights. When it’s activated, you can browse prospects and then get extra information about their competitors, customers, and motivations.
- Captures info independently: Guru captures knowledge used by the team so that it can be organized for later. You don’t need to independently add every new piece of contact information, or link each piece of content.
- Accesses trove of information from everywhere: Extra information, including prospect information, is scraped from all over the internet.
Attach is a tool that enhances how you communicate. It can integrate with many other programs and tools to allow you to manage a great deal of your sales campaigns from your inbox. It can also track and provide data about messages and mail from other apps such as LinkedIn’s InMail.
- Get extra optimization stats about LinkedIn InMail: Get stats about engagement, including when the mail was read, how much time it spent open, and if any links were visited.
- Extra chrome extension: The subscription includes a lightweight chrome extension that lets users create and share trackable links.
Lempod is a promotion management tool that helps you get engagement for your posts. The key feature of Lempod is the “pods”. These are groups that you join and share content with. There are now 1000 such pods for LinkedIn.
Every time someone in the pod creates content, it’s shared with the other members, who like, comment, or otherwise engage with it. Anyone can create their pod and share it with the public.
- Find other top pods: You can use the “best pods of the week” feature to see the pods sharing the hottest content on LinkedIn. Use what you learn to create better content for your own pods.
- See engagement analytics: Get up-to-date data on how your content is doing in pods.
Shield is a tool that provides you with live data about your LinkedIn content. When you have the tool installed, you can access stats about the performance of your content, even down to what time of day it performs best.
- Auto-generated reports: Reports about the success of your LinkedIn content can be set to be generated automatically. Many of the reports about individuals or teams can be pulled up in real-time.
- Get demographic information on your audience: The tool scrapes some information about people interacting with your posts. You can find out what your audience likes and what makes them engage.
Expandi presents itself as a social selling automation tool. That means that it has features to help you automate the process of reaching customers through outreach or engagement. You can find prospects, select the level of engagement you want, and perform advanced searches.
You can automate a variety of different tasks. Messages and first contact can both be automated. You can add as many steps as you need to create more elaborate campaigns.
- Up-to-date analytics for your LinkedIn campaigns: You have access to a lot of metrics with this tool, and many are updated daily. You can see recent information about whether prospects have taken action.
- Get alerts to take action on leads: Never miss out when your message stalls. You’ll get alerts for situations where you should take over from the automated tools.
$99/seat per month
Monthly SEO packages 📅
Give us your site or clients and we’ll get to work on improve organic traffic. We’ll audit the site, then create a content strategy and build links that will move the needle… every month.
Make the Most of LinkedIn
Now, you understand some of the true potential of LinkedIn. Thanks to the tools that are available for this platform, it’s one of the best places online to prospect high-value leads and to scout new team members. Using these tools, you can start doing both easily.