Unique Marketing Ideas
With so many brands vying for attention, it can be tempting to shy away from risks and play it safe.
Thing is, this isn’t likely to attract the level of exposure your brand deserves.
To help you catch the eye of your target audience, here we’ve listed 20 unique marketing ideas that place your products and services in front of your ideal customers.
20 Unique Marketing Ideas
20 creative marketing ideas for you to dig your teeth into.
Let’s do this!
1. Celebrate the Unusual
There are a ton of wacky and humorous holidays celebrated throughout the year. While some may be more well-known than others, they all offer unique opportunities to market your product or service.
If you own an eCommerce store that sells sneakers, for example, you could celebrate walk-to-work day by offering a discount on your athletic footwear range.
From Waffle Day to Polar Bear Plunge Day, there’s something for every occasion. Check out a complete list of the weird and wonderful ways your business can embrace to market here.
2. Embrace the Next Generation of Social Media
It’s important to stay ahead of the curve and embrace the next generation of social media platforms, like TikTok, to reach your target audience.
You can create attention-grabbing content, like short-form videos, that shows off your products or services creatively.
With over 650 million active users, TikTok is a powerful marketing tool you shouldn’t overlook.
3. Open an Instagram Store
An Instagram store is a great way to show off your products in a visually appealing way. When done right, an Instagram store can be highly effective in driving traffic and sales.
Here are a few tips for setting up and promoting your Instagram store:
- Create attractive visuals. People are visual creatures, so make sure your photos and videos are high-quality and visually appealing.
- Use descriptive captions. Be sure to include relevant keywords so that people can easily find your store when they search on Instagram.
- Use hashtags wisely. Hashtags can help you reach a wider audience but don’t use too many or your posts will look spammy.
- Engage with your followers. Respond to comments and questions in a timely manner to build rapport with your customers.
4. Don’t Shy From Risque Ad Copy
Ad copy that’s on the risque side of things can help you break through the noise. It can also be a great way to connect with your target audience on a deeper level. Of course, the use of risque copy isn’t right for every brand or product.
But if you’re feeling bold, don’t be afraid to push the envelope.
Here are three unique ideas to get you started:
- Use humor. A touch of humor can go a long way in making your ad copy more palatable. Just make sure it’s not too over-the-top or crass.
- Be clever, not crude. There’s a big difference between being clever and being crude. Wittiness is the way.
- Remain professional. The overall tone of your campaign should remain professional and trustworthy.
A WORD OF CAUTION: Make sure you understand who your target market is and what they may find offensive. The last thing you want is to alienate potential customers with ad copy.
5. Get Eyes of Your Brand With Live Streams
There’s no doubt that live streams are one of the hottest trends in social media right now.
By broadcasting live, you can connect with your audience in real time, creating an engaging and intimate experience. And, with platforms like Facebook Live, TikTok Live, and Instagram Live, it’s easier than ever to get started.
Here are some tips for using live streams to market your brand:
- Give a behind-the-scenes look at your business. Your audience will love getting a peek into what goes on behind the scenes. Show them how you make your products, give them a tour of your office, or take them along on a company outing.
- Use live streams to launch new products or services. They are a great way to generate excitement and get people talking about your upcoming launch.
- Host a Q&A session. Have someone from your team answer questions from viewers in real time. This is a great way to build rapport and trust with your audience.
6. Don’t Be Afraid to Go Niche (Like, Niche-Niche)
In a world over-saturated with content, it’s hard to make your voice heard.
One way to cut through the noise is by going super niche with your content.
By creating highly specific content for a narrow audience, you can better engage potential customers and stand out from the competition.
It may seem counterintuitive to go after such a small group of people, but if you can make your content truly resonate with them, you’ll be rewarded with loyal readers and high conversion rates.
7. Use Data Visualization
Data visualization is the process of creating visual representations of data sets. It is often used to explore and understand data, as well as to communicate findings from data analysis.
There are many ways to visualize data, and the best approach depends on the type of data and the questions you want to answer.
Some common visualization techniques include histograms, scatter plots, bar charts, or line graphs (like this example taken from our local SEO ranking case study).
By visualizing your data, you can make complex information more understandable and accessible to potential customers. Data visualization can also help you identify patterns and trends in your customer base, which can be used to develop targeted marketing campaigns.
8. Take SEO Efforts to the Next Level With Schema Markup
Although not a new marketing field, schema markup’s importance has become even more prominent thanks to recently rolled-out Google algorithm updates.
Particularly for review sites.
Schema markup is a code that you can add to your website to help search engines understand your content better. By adding schema markup to your website, you can give yourself a competitive edge in search results.
There is a variety of different schema markup you can use, so it’s important to choose the right one for your website.
Once you’ve added schema markup to your website, be sure to monitor your results so you can see how it’s affecting your traffic and rankings.
9. Leverage Personalized Email Marketing
Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach out to customers and build relationships.
In order for it to be truly successful, however, businesses need to put a personal touch on their messages. This can be done by leveraging personalized email marketing.
Personalized email marketing is not only about making the customer feel special, but it is also about creating a message that is tailored for them. Something that speaks to their individual needs and interests.
So how can you leverage personalized email marketing to achieve your business goals?
Here are a few ideas:
- Segment your list. Start by segmenting your email list into different groups based on factors like demographics, location, interests, and purchase history. This will allow you to send more targeted and relevant messages to each group.
- Use data to personalize. Take advantage of the data you have on your subscribers to personalize each message. For example, if you know someone’s location, you could mention local events or deals in your emails.
- Tailor individualized messages. Test different subject lines and content to see what resonates with your audience. Try to be creative and avoid using generic terms like “special offer” or “save now.”
10. Capitalize on Lead Magnets to Grow Your Email List
Lead magnets are a great way to capture people’s attention and get them interested in what your brand offers—ideally something of value that you offer for free in exchange for a prospective customer’s email address.
Lead magnets can be in the form of ebooks, white papers, reports, templates, checklists, tools, or anything else that would be useful to your target audience.
By offering high-quality lead magnets that are relevant and helpful to your readers, viewers, and customers, you can quickly grow your email list while providing value to your target audience. This will help you build relationships with potential customers and work to convert them into paying customers.
11. Foster New Relationships With a Welcome Workflow
A welcome workflow is a great way to do this while also providing valuable content to new subscribers.
Typically, a welcome workflow is automatically triggered when someone subscribes to your email list. It commonly includes a series of emails that are sent out over a period of days or weeks.
Your welcome workflow should introduce new subscribers to your brand and answer common questions, such as what your company does and how it can help new subscribers. This is also a great opportunity to share your company’s values and unique selling points.
12. Create Interactive Infographics
Infographics are nothing new. You could even argue they are sometimes overused. Interactive infographics, on the other hand, are a great way to spice up your online content.
If you’ve never heard of interactive infographics, do yourself a favor and check out this very impressive example from MailChimp.
These engaging visuals can communicate complex information in an easily digestible format, making them ideal for explaining your product or service. Plus, with interactive elements like buttons and links, you can keep viewers engaged for longer periods of time.
13. Start a Slack Channel
There’s no doubt that Slack is one of the hottest communication tools out there. And for good reasons: Slack is incredibly user-friendly, efficient, and customizable.
But did you know you can use Slack to build a community around your brand or product?
That’s right—by creating a Slack channel for your community, you can nurture and grow your relationships with customers and prospects in a way that’s both personal and professional.
14. Partner With Third-Party Brands
Another effective way to stand out from the crowd is by partnering with other brands on campaigns and cross-promotions.
This is a win-win situation for all parties involved. Both you and your new partner can pool your resources and reach a wider audience, while also getting exposure to new potential customers.
15. Make Use of Free Social Media Ad Credits
Most social media platforms have some form of advertising available, and many of them offer free credits to new and existing users. For instance, at the time of writing this post, Instagram is offering $150 of free ad credit.
There are several ways to take advantage of free social media ad credits. For example, you can use them to promote special offers or discounts, create targeted ads based on user interests, or even run competitions or giveaways.
Whatever approach you take, the important thing is to make sure that your ads are eye-catching and relevant to your target audience. With a bit of creativity and effort, you can use social media ad credits to give your marketing a boost—without breaking the bank.
16. Update and Optimize Blog Content
Google’s algorithm loves nothing more than fresh, quality content.
By regularly updating your blog’s existing content with relevant and up-to-date information, you can improve your website’s ranking, improve the performance of your existing blog posts, and draw more readers to your site.
Here are a few tips on how to do this:
- Research the latest SEO trends and keywords. Keep your finger on the pulse of what’s new in SEO so you can incorporate these changes into your blog’s existing content.
- Use keyword research tools to find out which keywords are being searched for most frequently. Then, use these keywords throughout your blog content to help improve your SEO.
- Make sure your blog content is well-written and informative. Besides using the latest trends and keywords, your blog content needs to be of high quality if you want it to rank well in search engines.
17. Utilize Heat Maps to Better Understand User Behavior
Heat maps are a graphical representation of data that uses colors to represent different values—typically, clicks or scrolling.
By using heat maps, businesses can see where users are clicking on their websites, what they are interested in, and what they are ignoring. This information can then be used to improve the website design and user experience.
There are a few different heat maps that can track user behavior. The most common type is the click map, which shows where users are clicking on a page. This information can be used to determine what elements of a page are most important to users and which ones can be removed or redesigned. Scroll maps are another type of heat map that can track how far down a page user scroll.
18. Roll-Out Guerrilla Marketing Campaigns
Guerrilla marketing is a promotional strategy that involves unusual or unexpected tactics to capture the attention of consumers.
It’s all about being creative, thinking outside the box, and coming up with innovative and attention-grabbing ideas to get people talking.
And the best part, it doesn’t have to cost a lot of money—sometimes, all you need is a bit of imagination and a touch of elbow grease.
If you’d like to see examples of this type of marketing in practice, check out our comprehensive guide to guerrilla marketing here.
19. Publish Your Own Case Studies and Research
A great way to get your business noticed is to publish your own case studies and research. This will show potential customers that you have valuable insights to offer, and it will help build trust between you and your audience.
To get started, compile a list of recent projects or campaigns that you’ve worked on. Write up a summary of each one, highlighting the key takeaways and lessons learned. Once you have a few case studies completed, start promoting them through various marketing channels. For instance, you can share them on social media, post them on your website, or even pitch them to publications in your industry.
20. Add Outbound Links to High-Authority Websites
Contrary to what some “SEO experts” will have you believe, linking out to high-authority sites is one of the best ways to boost your own website’s reputation with search engines like Google.
High-authority websites are those that are trusted by users and are viewed by both search engines and readers as experts in their field.
Why is this important?
Basically, search engines consider links when determining where to rank a website on the search engine results pages (SERPs). So, by linking out to high-quality websites, you are telling the search engines that your site is also a valuable resource of information.
Brainstorming unique marketing ideas doesn’t have to be difficult. With just a touch of creativity and out-of-the-box thinking, you can set your business apart from the competition.
If you need any further help to promote and market your brand, reach out to us here at Loganix.
From search engine optimization, and link building, to press releases, our team of professionals specializes in a range of tried and tested marketing strategies that will take your brand’s exposure to new heights.
To learn more, see a full breakdown of our services here.