Small Business SEO Services
Small business SEO and local SEO are two parts of a comprehensive online marketing strategy.
With the right approach, small businesses can optimize their website for increased visibility in search engines and targeted leads from local customers.
To help you tailor an approach to SEO that is sure to grow your small business, here we’ll:
- define what small business SEO is,
- why local SEO is important,
- and what to look out for when hunting down an affordable small business SEO provider.
What is small business SEO?
To adhere to Google Search best practices, small business SEO is the process of optimizing various factors of a small business’ website and the digital content contained upon its individual web pages.
In doing so, the goal here is to generate organic search traffic and improve the overall visibility of the business in local search results.
As someone looking from the outside in, SEO may seem like a bit of a mystery.
But, in reality, a good SEO strategy involves a combination of tactics working in tandem to signal to Google, and other search engines, that a website matches a search engine user’s intent.
Viewed as such, Google is likely to position a website’s content on the first page of the search engine results page (SERPs).
A well-developed SEO strategy will also tell Google that your site, services, and products are reputable and trustworthy, which will elicit more trust from consumers.
Why is SEO important for your small business?
Small businesses can benefit tremendously from optimizing their website for search engines.
These benefits include:
- Building brand awareness. By optimizing a website for search engines, SEO can help small businesses to improve their brand awareness and attract a greater number of potential customers.
- Boosting search traffic. Performed correctly, SEO techniques can help small businesses improve their website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs), helping them to attract a greater proportion of organic traffic.
- Drawing quality leads. By improving their site’s visibility and increasing organic search traffic, small businesses can drive more high-quality leads that have a greater chance of converting.
- Increasing profits. Increased visibility and high-quality leads will lead to more sales, profits, and consequent revenue for small businesses.
Why hire an SEO services company? (4 Reasons)
Just like any profession, SEO is a complex process that requires expertise and experience.
For this reason, it’s best to leave marketing services like SEO up to the experts. Here’s why.
1. SEO is complex
Search engine optimization is a complex field.
The number of variables that can affect how well a website ranks in SERPs is vast and often hard to identify.
These variables include the quality and quantity of website content, the use of keywords and keyword phrases, the structure of links on the website, and the way the website is coded.
In order to improve a site’s rankings on search engine results pages, SEO professionals must carefully monitor changes to the algorithms used by Google and other search engines, and adapt their techniques accordingly.
SEO practitioners must also understand how users interact with search engines, what they are looking for when they conduct searches, and how to create content that will not only appeal to readers but also fit their search intent.
All hard tasks to master.
2. SEO requires ongoing work
Sure, there are some search engine optimization strategies that can be performed once and then left to their own devices.
However, for the most part, SEO is not a one-and-done kinda deal. Most optimization practices will need ongoing upkeep if they are to remain effective.
To ensure your website consistently performs well on the SERPs, ongoing work will include:
- Constant content creation. The publication of high-quality copywriting that’s original, plagiarism free, and optimized with on-page SEO best practices.
- Periodic updates. The updating of existing content with up-to-date information that both aligns with ever changing algorithmic updates and a target audience’s expectations.
- Regular website analysis. Frequent monitoring and analysis to ensure a website is running smoothly, optimized for search engines, and aligns with user intent.
- Repeated link building. Both internal and external link building are another tactic that require constant upkeep. For the most part, a well-laid out linking structure allows search engines to determine the relevance and quality of a website.
- Continuous coupling with other marketing tactics. SEO works best when coupled with other digital marketing avenues, like email marketing, PPC, and social media.
3. SEO is a moving target
As search engine algorithms continue to develop, SEO techniques that worked yesterday may no longer be effective today.
This forces SEO experts to keep up to date with current best practices as they change.
And as the algorithmic updates aren’t open-source, it’s necessary for SEOs to analyze, adapt, and optimize a website’s various metrics and ranking factors on a frequent basis.
Additionally, as new websites are created, each jostling for the top SERP positions, the competition for ranking higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) becomes even more fierce.
These factors and more all make SEO an ongoing endeavor that’s best left to teams that have the resources to tackle the challenges of a moving target.
4. Knowledge and tools
For an SEO strategy to stay effective and ahead of the competition, an SEO practitioner must possess knowledge of how search engines work and what factors influence a search engine’s ranking algorithms.
Additionally, an effective SEO strategy requires the use of specialized tools and software that can help track website rankings and optimize website content accordingly.
While some free SEO tools – like Google Analytics – offer surface-level insights, there’s no compromise for the actionable insights and advanced metrics that paid SEO tools track and monitor.
Paid tools often have more comprehensive and up-to-date data than free tools, allowing SEO practitioners to more accurately track your site’s progress and identify potential issues. Paid tools can also help to spot opportunities and competitor moves you might not otherwise notice.
Additionally, they often include features like technical SEO analysis and keyword research that can help you improve your overall SEO strategy.
Paid SEO tools are expensive and complex to use, the cost often exceeding the budget of local businesses.
For that reason, allow SEO agencies to pay for expensive tools while you get on with investing in areas that will benefit the growth of your small business.
What are the benefits of using a website SEO service?
Aside from the advantages of improving website traffic and increasing revenue through increased sales, a small business SEO company also possesses the following benefits:
- Stay focused on growth. Running a small business is a serious time commitment. So rather than adding yet another task to your long list of things to do, outsourcing to an SEO agency will take care of online growth while you carry on investing your time in the daily operations of your business.
- See quick(er) success. An SEO agency has experience working with a variety of businesses in a variety of industries, so they can quickly assess and implement the best strategy for your small business. This allows for quicker success and faster growth.
- Understand your data. SEO agencies often have access to a variety of tools and resources that aren’t available to in-house SEO teams. This allows them to track and measure website metrics more effectively.
- Activate your marketing flywheel. An SEO agency can help to jumpstart the marketing flywheel for a small business by performing keyword research to identify relevant terms, developing an SEO strategy, and implementing on-page optimization techniques.
- Generate more sales. The right SEO services can help a small business generate more sales by increasing online visibility, optimizing user experience, driving referral traffic, and improving a website’s domain authority.
What will an SEO services company do?
SEO agencies offer a variety of services that help websites to rank higher in the SERPs.
These services fall under two categories: on-page SEO and off-page SEO.
The goal of on-page SEO is to make it as easy as possible for search engines to understand what a website’s content is about and rank it accordingly.
Factors that influence the effectiveness of on-page SEO include:
- Page titles
- Meta descriptions
- Headings and subheadings
- High-quality on-page content
- Image alt-tags
- Schema markup
- Internal link building
- Site speed
- Mobile device optimization
- Structured markup
Factors that influence the effectiveness of off-page SEO include:
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
- Google My Business (GMB) optimization
- Citation building
- Marketing outreach
- Backlink building
- Email marketing
- Reviews, testimonials, and forums
- Guest posting
- Press releases
6 Small Business SEO Services To Consider
As a small business owner, you may know you need some SEO help, but may be confused with specifically what. You may even be wondering if SEO services are a good investment for your small business. (hint: they are).
For greater insight into what a well-accomplished SEO agency looks like, consider these expertises and specializations when choosing the right services for your small business:
1. Monthly SEO Packages
A monthly SEO package is a service that provides an organization with SEO services on a month-to-month basis. These packages often include services like keyword research, on-page optimization, link building, and reporting.
Monthly SEO packages are a great way to ensure your website is getting noticed by search engines.
By hiring a professional to help with your SEO each month, you can be sure that your website is being properly optimized and that you’re doing everything possible to attract new visitors.
2. SEO Audit
An SEO audit is a comprehensive examination of a website’s SEO factors, with the goal of identifying areas that can be improved.
The audit includes an evaluation of on-page elements, such as titles, meta-tags, and content, as well as off-page factors like backlinks.
SEO audits are also perfect for identifying any problems with a website that are impacting its search engine rankings.
The audit will provide recommendations on how to fix these issues, and when rectified, will improve the website’s visibility and organic search traffic.
3. Keyword Research
SEO keyword research is the process of finding and analyzing the popularity and relevance of potential keywords for use in website content and search engine optimization.
Keyword research involves using a variety of tools and techniques to assess the competition for each keyword, and to identify the best opportunities for optimizing a website’s content.
Keyword research can help small businesses create targeted advertising and content that will draw in potential customers through the use of specific keywords or phrases.
Additionally, understanding SEO keywords can help small businesses rank higher in search engine results pages, which can result in more website traffic and increased sales.
4. Link Building Services
Link building services are the process of acquiring links from third-party websites to a targeted website.
Getting (good quality & relevant) backlinks can be done through various methods, such as guest post submissions, creating high-quality content, or through social media marketing.
When other websites add outbound links pointing to a targeted site, it helps to improve a website’s search engine ranking, as well as increase traffic and boost brand awareness.
5. SEO Content
SEO content is specifically designed to improve a website’s visibility and organic search engine ranking.
SEO content is typically published on a website’s blog as articles, videos, or infographics. It is also often promoted through social media channels and email marketing campaigns.
This type of content is created with the specific purpose of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to a website from search engines, ideally resulting in greater conversion rates.
6. Local SEO (Citations Building & Cleanups)
Local SEO is the process of optimizing a website for local search engines.
This includes improving the site’s citations, building links from local websites, and submitting a site’s NAP (name, address, and phone number).
Citation building also involves adding a website’s information to online directories, like Google My Business and local business listings.
This helps improve a site’s visibility in local search engines and leads more potential customers to find your business on the SERPs.
7 Tips for Choosing a Small Susiness SEO Service Provider
When selecting an SEO service provider for your small business, it is important to consider a few key factors.
Let’s run through these now.
1. Look beyond the #1 ranked agency
It’s essential to know that the SERPs aren’t always a reflection of the quality of services a digital marketing agency can offer.
In fact, sometimes, a better fit for your business will be nestled somewhere down the page.
For best results, rather than being persuaded by a flashy website or landing page, instead, find yourself a provider that has a solid body of work and a comprehensive portfolio of success.
2. Let reviews & testimonials do the talking
As with any service, when looking for an SEO service provider, it is important to look at reviews and testimonials to get a strong sense of what past clients have thought of an agency’s services.
This can help give you an idea of what to expect from the SEO provider, and whether their services will be a suitable fit for your business.
3. Read their case studies
When assessing an SEO service provider, it is important to assess any case studies they may have published.
Case studies are a no-nonsense demonstration of an agency’s approach to SEO, what techniques they leverage, and how their successes are measured.
By reading case studies, you can get a better understanding of the provider’s abilities and past successes.
4. See if they specialize in anything
As we’ve mentioned, SEO is a complex and ever-evolving field.
Therefore, as a business, it’s important to ensure that you’re working with an SEO provider who specializes in your particular industry or holds specializations that are applicable to your small business.
Specialization, whether that be analysis, link building, or any other form of internet marketing, allows SEO providers to stay up-to-date on the latest changes and trends in the field, and gives them the expertise needed to help your business reach the top of the search engine results pages.
5. Look for an educational provider
Aside from your basic SEO efforts, an SEO service provider that is well versed in the educational side of the field is a tremendous benefit to small business.
An SEO team that’s open to sharing their knowledge and expertise with clients in a way that is easy to understand can help improve the clients’ website visibility and ultimately their business.
6. Know your budget
As SEO is an ongoing endeavor, small businesses should have a clear idea of their budget before commencing the hunt for an SEO service provider.
Without a sense of budget, the cost of an SEO campaign can quickly become unaffordable or unsustainable over the long run.
Any reputable SEO company will be happy to share information on their services and provide a cost estimate of the work that needs to be done.
If a prospective agency is withholding this information, it’s a sure sign that the agency may not be an affordable SEO service option for you.
7. Get personal with a consultation
Just about anything can sound good on paper, but for a true feel of how an SEO provider may add value to your small business, it’s best to organize an in-person consultation.
This will allow a small business owner to ask any pressing questions, address the finer points of an agency’s marketing efforts, and feel out a team’s overall approach to their profession.
That way, together, both parties can develop an SEO plan that will help a small business reach its marketing goals.
To get the most out of SEO services, be sure to work with an experienced and reputable provider, like Loganix, who can help you identify and implement the right strategies for your business.
Here at Loganix, we offer a variety of services to help your website rank higher, including SEO audits, link building, and PPC campaigns. And for local businesses, we provide expert local SEO services that will get you in front of your target audience and drive more conversions than ever before.
Check out our SEO services today to climb the ranks right away.